Lena Milagros offers garments for which high quality natural yarns are used. Because every piece is handmade and reproduced to a limited amount of six you will obtain an almost unique item. All products are designed and (machine)-knit by Lena Milagros. Lena Milagros stands for slow fashion:
The process of developing, designing and creating is essential. Keeping the creative source open is the main objective, not reproduction. If you happen to value the outcome of this process and would like to wear something yourself, it would be a great compliment.
Lena Milagros keeps only a small stock of yarns and works exclusively on demand. Therefore I appeal to your patience. But remember: you and I have committed ourselves to slow fashion.
- Organic silk from Japan: produced from the leftovers of spun filament silk. Supple and soft to the skin. In summer cool, in winter warm.
- Alpaca from Peru: fine, smooth alpaca hair. In comparison to sheep’s wool it is warmer and not prickly. It does not contain lanolin which makes it suitable for persons allergic to wool.
- Mohair: fine, silky hair from the angora goat. Soft, shiny and transparent.
- Wool: hair from the good old sheep.
- Cotton: soft fiber that grows in a boll around the seeds of cotton plants. The fiber is almost pure cellulose.
Washing instructions: Hand wash is preferred though machine wash by using the wool-programme is also possible. Use a woolmark detergent.
The models shown in the gallery are examples of what I make. If you are interested in obtaining a Lena Milagros, please contact me by sending an e-mail (English, German or Dutch) in which you mention the name of the article, preferred colour and your size. Then we discuss further details. For prices look here.